Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Torn by Kim Karr



Synopsis:

Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship
Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her “Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.
River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?
Review:  

~by Ena

“Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – The Bible: 1 Corinthians
Torn was such a wonderful follow-up to Connected.  There was so much that was left hanging with Connected that I couldn’t wait to dive into Torn and find out everything that brought my little happy ending I had running through my head for Dahlia and River crashing down around me.  Kim totally surpassed Connected with Torn – I think it went above and beyond.  I loved Connected (5 star for me) but if there was a way to take the rating scale for books and make a 6 star book for those few special books that WOW us and will stay with us forever than Torn is that book.  I was shocked and in awe that someone could write the words and story that Kim but on paper!
I fell in love with River Wilde during Connected and my love for that man not on continued but grew in Torn; he filled my heart with so much happiness and made it swell to triple its size.  River is the type of man you want to bring home to meet your family and a man you want to snuggle up to and hold onto every night for the rest of your life.  He is kind, sweet, passionate, protective, sexy, and successful, full of life, and will go out of his way to make sure the woman he loves has a smile on her face.
“I’m not stopping.  I’m going to leave you breathless, unable to think of anything but me,” I growl.
Dahlia’s world was turned upside down in Torn when she thought the life that she once had, the life she moved on from, the life she thought was buried finds itself back in front of her in the blink of an eye.  So much confusion runs through her that she isn’t even sure it’s real.  She starts questioning everything – and I didn’t blame her.  My heart ached for her because I could only imagine what was running through her head when everything you thought you knew and everything you thought had happened was a lie.  Now is the time for Dahlia to be stronger than ever and I felt like she struggled sometimes but that was understandable.  Her struggles during this book really made her a strong character because she came out the other side in one piece.
The struggles that River and Dahlia had to go through in Torn was heart wrenching for me and seeing a beautiful couple struggle to make it day in and day out made it more real for me.
“River, I was mad and….” I start to explain but stop.  He won’t even look at me and I know I need to get his attention before we continue talking.
“You can’t finish your thoughts.  You could earlier.  Should I help you? You’re mad at me for not telling you, but I’m not going to apologize for that Dahlia.  I had my reasons.  But the next time you decide to slap me after meeting with your ex fiancĂ©, maybe you could at least stick around to listen to what I have to say.”
It seemed like every time things started to look up and settle down something else happened to cause wedge between River and Dahlia.  At one point I was almost scared that they weren’t strong enough to through it together on the other side.  Life was throwing them curve ball after curve ball and at one point they were so tired they didn’t know what they could do to fix the situation.
“You were wrong River, we are in pieces.”
River broke my heart in Torn and I hated seeing him go through what he went through.  He had always been a strong and self assured character but you will learn about his vulnerable side in Torn.  You will connect with him on a deeper level and will find yourself wanting to sooth the ache that he has in his heart.  I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt after reading Torn River Wilde is now my number 1 book boyfriend.  I am sure he will leave an impression on your heart the way he did mine and you will find yourself swooning even more for him.
“I love you Dahlia, I love every single thing about you.  You’re perfect, really.”

I was pulled into Torn because of the way Kim makes you connect to the characters and how easy her characters are to fall in love with.  She had me on the edge of my seat hoping and praying that everything would work out in the end and at times I wasn’t so sure myself.  With every obstacle that they conquered, there was a new one waiting on them and for them to survive they were going to have to trust each other and love each with every ounce of their being.  Hearts can be broken and lives can be turned upside down and its how we take in a new situation and how we choose to deal with it and move past it.  River and Dahlia always had a beautiful and strong love but life was testing them.  Can they fight together side by side for their love or will life’s or will their past prove to strong and with they find themselves Torn?

No comments:

Post a Comment