Tuesday, March 25, 2014

REFLECTIONS OF LIFE

REFLECTION OF LIFE

A COLLECTION OF POETRY FROM A SOLDIER'S POINT OF VIEW
WRITTEN BY: JON M. NELSON

A poetic look at life through a soldier's eyes.

There's more to a soldier than serving and defending his or her country. There is real emotion and humanity inside the hearts of each and every one. In Reflections of Life you can feel the emotional look at humanity from a soldier's perspective. Author Jon M. Nelson expresses his experiences and raw emotion of his military career as well as an outlook on life in general. There are so many problems and issues that this world faces today, and he addresses many of them in his own poetic style.

'[Jon's] words are inspiring heartfelt and loving. As an army wife, a lot of the poems hit home and gave me goose bumps, tears, and smiles.'
—Brooke Brown, army wife

'This is a very well put together piece. There is something in here for everyone, and one can tell that a lot of thought and passion went into this... I consider it an honor to have the privilege to put my loving stamp of recommendation on it, a beautiful piece of quality and verbal craftsmanship.'
—Peter N. Peveto, author of Is It Me Can You Tell


REVIEWED BY: APRIL EPLEY
     First things first, this book is getting 5 big stars from me. I do not give out 5 star ratings often however this book deserves it! Mr. Nelson has put together a collection of poems that gave me pause, made me cry, and made me so very thankful. It made me think of loved ones that I have that have fought in their share of wars. It has made me that much prouder of those I love that fight so that I may sit here today and read a book such as this and write my feelings on it. Thank you sir, for everything you have gone through for all of us. To all those that serve, YOU ALL have my deepest respect and I appreciate you!
     This is not just a book of poems on war. This encompasses love, hatred, prejudices, peace, sadness and much much more. Some of my favorite poems in this book include: Shadow Boxer, Crimson Rain, Lullaby, Casualty of War, Old Glory, Folded Flag, A Soldier’s Night Before Christmas, Wedding Vow, and many more. Do yourself a big favor and pick up this book. I will be looking for more by this author so that I can dive deeper into his mind. Thank you so much for this book. I very much so appreciate getting to read this one!

PURCHASE HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment