Wednesday, July 31, 2013
I'm going to start doing author spotlights on my blog! I will be showcasing their work, and providing links to their social media sites. I am so very excited about this, especially since the first author I will be spotlighting, is one of my favorites! She is not only an amazing writer, but an even more incredible individual! Stay tuned!
Monday, July 29, 2013
Shelly rates this book: 4.5 stars
"Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance...
For him, life is all music and no play...
When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius...
She's the one to call the tune...
When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on...
Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory... and sin..."
This book has me all hot and bothered! How sexy can a rock star get? I love how this is written from both POV's. Getting to see the romantic nature of Brian, and to have him fight it, all so that he doesn't chase Myrna away, was a great way to go. I love the camaraderie that the bandmates have with each other, and how they all respect and fall for her. To bad for them she only has eyes for Brian.
Myrna has her own personal demons that she needed to fight thru, for her and Brian to ever have a real chance at love. Ex-Husbands are ex's for a reason! I'm glad Jeremy got what was coming to him!
Trey...what can I say about Trey, besides Myrna, when you can have your cake and eat to too, YOU DO JUST THAT!!! Trey Mills, Brian's BFF, and rhythm guitarist for the band, is every bit as sexy as Brian, however he enjoys not only women but men in his bed as well. The relationship between Brian and Trey isn't what you would have thought, but it fits!
This is the first book of the Sinners on Tour series by Olivia Cunning, and I can't wait to read more!!!
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Sexy Book Reviews By Shelly
Must Read Book List
*Keep in mind that these are all books that in my opinion are rated 4-5 stars!
- Rough Riders Series By Lorelei James***
- Black Top Cowboys By Lorelei James***
- Wild West Boys Series By Lorelei James***
- The Blackstone Affair By Raine Miller***
- Crossfire Series By Sylvia Day***
- The Sullivans Series By Bella Andre***
- Marriage to a Billionaire Series By Jennifer Probst
- Stark Trilogy By J Kenner***
- Danvers Series by Sydney Landon***
- Gamble Brothers By J Lynn
- Bad Boys of Football by Bella Andre
- Six Pack Ranch Series By Vivian Arend***
- Ross Siblings by Cherrie Lynn
- Love Required By Cari Quinn
- Come Undone by Katee Robert
- The Moreno Brothers by Elizabeth Reyes***
- Sea Breeze by Abbi Glines***
- Men of S.W.A.T. by J.C. Wilder
- Lone Star Lovers by Delilah Devlin***
- Brown Siblings by Lauren Dane***
- Chase Brothers by Lauren Dane***
- Vaughn Series by Anne Rainey
- Brenna Blixen series By Liz Reinhardt
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard***
- The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines***
- Wanted by Kelly Elliot***
- Ever Enough by Stacy Borel***
- This Cant be Happening by Lynda LeeAnne
- Collide by Gail McHugh ***
- Evolve Series By S.E. Hall***
- Book Boyfriend series by Erin Noelle***
- Black Falcon by Michelle Valentine***
- Sinners on Tour by Olivia Cunning***
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens***
- With me in Seattle by Kristen Proby
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire***
- A Neighbor from Hell by R.L. Matthewson***
- Surrender your love by J.C. Reed
- Wild side by C.J.Ellisson
- Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren***
- Dominated by the Billionaire series by Sara Fawkes
- Unveiled by Cari Quinn (1st book was a 3 stars, but the rest were 5’s)
- For his Pleasure series by Kelly Favor
- The MacKade Brothers by Nora Roberts
- Someone to love by Addison Moore***
- Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters***
- Losing it by Cara Carmack
- Dare me Series by Christine Bell
- The Bad Boys by M. Leighton
Paranormal Romance/Erotica (series)
- Women of the Otherworld by Kelly Armstrong***
- Morganville Vampires By Rachel Caine***
- Chicagoland Vampires By Chloe Neill***
- Black Dagger Brotherhood By J.R. Ward***
- Magnus Pack By Shelly Laurenston***
- Pride Series By Shelly Laurensten***
- Were Chronicles by Crissy Smith***
- Halle Pumas by Dana Marie Bell***
- Night Huntress By Jeaniene Frost***
- Night Prince by Jeaniene Frost
- Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead***
- Cannon Pack by Beverly Rae***
- Stormy Weather by Selena Blake
- My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
- Mercedes Thompson by Patricia Briggs
- Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris (Dead ever after I haven’t read)
Romance/Erotica (stand alone)
Romance/Erotica (stand alone)
- Unfinished Business By Nora Roberts***
- The Naughty List by Jodi Redford
- Office Affair by Jess Dee
- Easy by Tammara Webber
- The One that got away by Kelly Hunter
- Waking up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly
- Staking his Claim by Lynda Chance
- Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
- Sexy by design by Avery Beck
- Weekend Agreement by Barbara Wallace
- Indiscreet by Allison Kent
- Always by Carol Rose
*** Favorites of mine!
Shelly rates this book: 5 stars
However, their relationship was never meant to be easy. Life, threw in an unexpected pregnancy, with the question, who is the baby daddy?? Stress of having to deal with "douchebag Dillon", puts Gavin's patience to the test. Will Emily Cooper and Gavin Blake have the HEA they seek, or will the trails and tribulations of life be to much to overcome?
Just like Collide, I absolutely loved this book! Emily's character did a lot of "growing up" in my opinion. I wasn't very thrilled with her last book, I thought she was very naive, to believe in Dillon the "douchebag" and not see and trust what was real right in front of her. Well, Pulse changed my opinion of Emily, and I'm so happy it did. She is stronger, and is finally going after what she should have right along.
Gavin....sigh...what can't you say about Gavin. He's amazing! He's perfect! He is the entire package! To bad he's fictional! I loved his character in Collide, and fell deeper in love with him in Pulse. He is loving, selfless, and will do anything and everything to protect and shield what's "his". There is truly nothing negative you can say about Gavin Blake.
If you haven't had a chance yet to read Pulse, or even Collide (book #1), do yourself a favor and add it to the top of your TBR list. It will not disappoint!
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Shelly rates this book: 5 stars
I was turned onto this book by an author friend of mine, who proclaimed it was "the best book she ever read!". So of course I instantly added it to the top of my TBR list. I can't tell you enough how happy I was that I did just that!
Emerge is a story about a girl, Laney Walker, and a boy, Evan Allen, who meet at a young age, and become instant friends. She has always seen him as someone she can trust and depend on, and he has an overwhelming need to love and protect her. Through the years of high school, their friendship grows and turns into a romance. Evan during their senior year, tells Laney of his true feelings, and they start dating. However, that ends up being short lived because college comes in between them. She decides to end the dating relationship before they head off, so that neither of them would feel guilty or hurt, and ruin their life long friendship.
At Southern University, Laney meets Dane Kendrick. They are instantly attracted to each other in ways that neither of them have ever experienced. Dane is so unlike Evan in ways that are irresistible to Laney. They connect on a level she doesn't with Evan, however, even though they aren't dating, she feels like pursuing things with Dane would be wronging Evan in every way.
Choices are made, relationships are changed, friendships and loyalties are tested, and it all leads to the question...who will give up the most, and at what cost??
This story is written from many different POV's. You will fall head over heals in love with both Evan and Dane, and will truly understand the love and pain that Laney experiences. This book made me laugh, and it made me cry. The author did an amazing job developing such a deep connection between all of these characters, it leaves you hungry for more! S.E. Hall knocked this first novel outta the park! She will forever have a fan in me!! Book 2 of the Evolve Series is due out in Sept. of 2013, can't wait!!!
Hi everyone! I'm Shelly, and I am an avid book reader! I love to talk about books, and thought starting a blog would be an awesome way to do just that! I love the Romance genre! So, if these books are up your alley as they are mine, we'll this is the place to be!!! I'm hoping to review 1-2 books a week, so check in often!!