Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wife No 7 by Melissa Brown


TITLE: WIFE NUMBER SEVEN
AUTHOR: MELISSA BROWN
RELEASE DATE: JULY 20TH




Lipstick. Bright, red lipstick. Nothing but lipstick. Even though it’s against our faith to wear a color that screams of sexual promiscuity and deviant behavior, I’m not allowed to protest. But, I want to. So badly.

You see, there’s more to me than the braid that spills down my back. More to me than the layers of heavy fabric that maintain my modesty. And so much more than the oppressive wedding band that adorns my finger--the same band that each of my sister wives wear. So much more. To protest would be sinful. I must keep sweet, that is my duty.

So I’ll wear the lipstick. I’ll do as I’m told. And I’ll do my best to silence the resistance within me, to push him from my mind. If only my heart would do the same.




I am a writer and stay-at-home Mom living in the Chicago suburbs with my husband and two young children. I love books---everything about them. I love reading them, being surrounded by them in bookstores and libraries, and most recently, writing some of my own.

There are four books in the Love of my Life series:

Bouquet Toss 
Champagne Toast 
Picturing Perfect (available exclusively through Amazon.com/Montlake Romance) 
Unwanted Stars.

I also love to bake. Cake truffles, cupcakes, homemade fudge and bark, cookies and whoopie pies are some of my favorites to make. I enjoy making creative gifts for friends, family and my kids' teachers. I'm excited to share my baking adventures with you.

And finally, I must admit, I am wild for actor Henry Cavill. He makes me swoon like no other celebrity can. I love reading his interviews and admiring him in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment