Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pre-release of Privacy Code by Jordan Burke




Synopsis
Everyone has secrets. No one has secrets like Watts.

Catherine Kolb has found the perfect diversion from her life of nearly complete seclusion: a virtually anonymous correspondence with a man she knows only as "Watts." Intelligent, intriguing, and with an insatiable appetite for sex, his words begin to draw her out of her closely guarded world.

Watts insists on privacy. He has no choice. In the wrong hands, his secrets could get people killed.

Including him.

And Catherine.

But curiosity and lust prove stronger than reason and safety. A planned one-time encounter sets into motion a series of events that bring Catherine and Watts to the edge of ecstasy and the brink of peril.

Two very private people. One risky night. A shot at love and redemption.

Due to mature themes, this book is recommended for readers 18+.

   
Excerpt

I knew him only as “Watts.” Since we had an entirely email-based relationship, he said he preferred to keep it anonymous.

Once, when I asked if Watts was his first or last name, he wouldn’t say, and told me he would prefer that I didn’t force the issue. I promised him I wouldn’t ask again, not knowing at the time that I would break that promise and the consequence would be so harsh.

This was part of his “privacy code.” Actually, it was the most innocent part of his code, which I would eventually find out. For six months our contact was exclusively in the form of the written word. It was safe, which was what I wanted.

It was also stimulating in a number of ways, which was something I didn’t even know I needed until Watts entered my life.

His words alone—those seemingly simple black and white letters on a screen, strung together to form ideas—awakened in me something that I had no idea even existed: an aspect of my being that at times I thought was better left unexplored.

Teaser


MeetTheAuthor


 


Jordan Burke is a full-time writer who lives near a beach, filling free time with reading, seeing nearly every movie that hits the theaters (and some that don't), pretending to be a chef, and watching college football and basketball. Jordan believes the most fascinating subject in the world is relationships (especially those that triumph over extreme obstacles) and loves to write about them. Jordan Burke is the author of the suspenseful erotic romance series, SHATTERPROOF.





HOSTED BY:
EJ Button

No comments:

Post a Comment