Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OCTOBER AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: S.E. HALL


Author Spotlight 

S.E Hall




This month I am spotlighting author, S.E Hall.   S.E.Hall resides in Arkansas with her husband of 17 years and 3 beautiful daughters. When not in the stands watching her ladies play softball, she enjoys reading.


S.E. Hall is the author of the Evolve Series.  The first book in the series is Emerge.  Book 2, Embrace, just was released on October 1, 2013.  These books were absolutely phenomenal!  You immediately connect with the characters like you are right there with them.  You can't help but fall in love with this series.  Both of these books received 5 stars reviews from me!



Synopsis for Emerge:  

Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect. She also has no idea how others view her, Evan having protected and coveted her since they were children. But college puts a gap between Laney and Evan that neither of them were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.

Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own.

A story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life

















Synopsis for Embrace:

Evan Allen is a handsome, athletic, southern gentleman who now attends Georgia Southern University for no good reason.

After what he expected to be the romantic gesture of the century, Evan is looking at no friends, a year of ineligibility on the football team, and no girl.

He's starting over alone and doesn't know quite how to proceed. Certain members of The Crew refuse to let him face things by himself, taking him under their wing, and it doesn't take the ladies long to notice him, either.

Sometimes life doesn't go as you had planned. Sometimes it goes better.

Embrace it.










I was also lucky enough to have S.E. answer some 

questions!  Here were her responses!  



1. What inspired you to write your novel/series? My daughter; she suffered a traumatic loss in her life which prompted me to start a journal. As I wrote about her, I realized what a cool kid she is and what a great character she’d make, in part. Obviously it’s loosely based on her, but she is definitely my inspiration.



2. Is being an author your full time job, or do you write part-time? PT, I also work in Healthcare Marketing.



3. Married? Children? Is your family a big influence on your writing? I have been married to my best friend Jeff for 17 years and together we have 3 beautiful daughters, Lyndsey 17, Brooklyn, 11 and Shelby Jo, 10.



4. Dates your book(s) released? Emerge, my debut, released May 15, 2013 and Embrace comes out Oct 1, 2013.







5. Are your Characters inspired by anyone you know personally, or just creative genius? Many of my characters have similarities with someone important in my life, from their name or something they say to a specific incident in the book. 



6. Do you have any books currently in the making? Right now I am working on book 3 in the Evolve series, Sawyer’s book, as well as 2 novellas.



7. What is your favorite thing about writing? I love getting one big, solid idea in my head that I’m excited about, usually one specific scene, and bringing it to life. 



8. What do you do in your “free time”? I love to read and watch my daughters play fast-pitch softball.



9. What is your favorite genre to read? New Adult




I cannot tell you all how spectacular this woman is!  I haven't had the privilege of meeting her face to face,(hopefully some day, Stefani) but I consider her to be a great friend!   She is incredibly sweet, generous, fun, kind, and caring! She is a woman everyone in the world should have the chance to know!!  Hurry up now, and go one-click on the links below to pick up this magnificent series!




Quotes from Emerge and Embrace:




“You are magnificent. Thank you for waiting for me, for this. I love you. I didn't know what that meant until I met you. You were made to be my other half and I yours.”
~Emerge

“You know I want you. You know all this foreplay is in hope that one day I get to lay you down and love you. I think about it at least ten times a day, every day. I'm jealous as fuck of every feeling you have for Evan. I want you to tell him once and for all you're with me and never leave my arms, my life or my bed again. But for now, I'll settle for watching a movie and falling asleep with you in my arms.”
~Emerge

“Maybe it's not about the length of time you've known someone; maybe it's about instant recognition on an unconscious level. Our souls know each other.”
~Emerge

“Just like that, as quickly as our love came out in the open, it crawled back in the shadows; the shortest fairytale ever written.”
~Emerge

“I'm not sure what kind of love you mean, baby, but if you mean do I want you to be with me forever, that I can't bear the thought of being without you as my lover, my best friend, my whole world....one day my wife, and my baby mama, then yes, I Love you, Love you!”
~Emerge

“Please God, don't let anyone take her. If you give me this, I swear to wake her every morning with 'good morning, beautiful' and kiss her to sleep every night. I'll keep her safe and hold her tight. I'll take of her, I swear.”
~Emerge



"I don't want to be an underdog anymore, do you?...That settles it. We are now opposites of underdogs. We are--We're overcats!"
~Embrace

"Well, you bring out the best in me."
"Right back atcha, pretty girl."
~Embrace

“I am the luckiest man in the world that no one has ever loved you like I have, that I never have to think about that. When we’re eighty, I will still be the only man who has ever been inside your sweet body, and I realize how amazing that is. And if I’d known you were on your way to me, I would have waited for you. If I could take it back, I would. But I can’t, so you tell me something I can do to make it better.”
~Embrace

“I’ve kinda been floating since you called me your girlfriend. There’s not much that wouldn’t make me happy right now.”
~Embrace

“Then as I was saying, you have been missing all day. I have been to see my mother after years and years of nothing, seriously begun to question Mr. Disney’s mindset, been flown across the country in the blink of an eye by that Neanderthal in there and walked up to a woman trying to kick your ass. Do not say it again, I’m not leaving. I love you, therefore, you bossy, stubborn man, I. Am. With. You.”
~Embrace

“Only a crazy woman can love you like crazy.”
~Embrace

“I have decided there are no normal girls on this campus. I can’t even imagine what would be wrong with the next one. I have had my fortune told by the crypt keeper, fed another man’s fetus and I’m pretty sure gone out with a dude! I said no!”
~Embrace




Links for Emerge:

Amazon UK

Amazon US


Links for Embrace:  

Amazon US

Amazon UK




No comments:

Post a Comment