Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Review: Connected by Kim Karr



~by Ena


Can a once in a lifetime connection between 2 souls 5 years ago turn into a connection that is meant to last a lifetime? 
Dahlia London suffered more loss in her life than most that has left her totally broken, an empty soul really.  She doesn’t laugh, she doesn’t smile, her heart is no longer whole and she needs to pick herself up and rejoin the world of the living.  Two years of walking around as an empty soul, a skeleton of the girl she once was she decides it’s time to move on the best she can.  Agreeing to take an assignment with her old job to interview lead singer of The Wilde Ones, River Wilde (SWOON), she is on her way to Las Vegas with her nerves through the roof.  Not only is River the 1 man she met 5 years ago that she felt this electric pull towards, but he is the man she left standing in a bar waiting for her.
River Wilde knew from the second he laid eyes on Dahlia London that she was his once in a lifetime the one woman that he was born to love.  But here he is 5 years later not knowing who that beautiful girl was that left him waiting for her in that bar so long ago.  He has thought about her every day for 5 years and never thought he would look into her eyes again, but fate had other things in mind.
Fate – The development of events outside a person’s control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.
If I could give this story more than 5 I would, I want to give it 100 stars.  It’s a story about the strong power of connections, what 2 people can feel for each other with just one look.  Kim Karr wrote such an amazingly beautiful love story that you too will fall in love with the characters, especially River….Ohhhhhhh River……Let’s talk about him first because he is so yummy to talk about.
River Wilde is not your typical rock star book boyfriend.   Yes, he is the lead singer of a band and loves sex (who wouldn’t with River).   He is also very sweet, caring, can talk pillow talk better than anyone and is the man you want to take home to momma, but he also has that little bad boy side of him that you want to meet in the bedroom.
(Sorry need to take amount of silence to swoon some more over River shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Okay the dirty thoughts are out of my head now so I can proceed.)
 He is truly and absolutely in love with Dahlia he knew it from the minute their lips touched that she was his forever.  Such a sweetheart, he will make you fall in love with him too with his sweet words, ”You’re so beautifully sexy, perfect really” and “I wished for you”. He is also carefree and playful, “So now is it okay if I misbehave?”   He will stop at nothing to protect Dahlia from hurting, he does everything he can to put a smile on her face and hear her giggle.  Basically to sum River Wilde up, he is beautiful.  He is everything you would want in a man for your happily ever after.   I will say it; he is now my #1 book boyfriend, with Shane Maxton running a close 2nd.
I loved Dahlia; I felt her pain, her loneliness, and her sadness and her broken heart.  I wanted to cry for her and wanted her to find happiness and someone to mend her broken heart.  She is such a strong character and has a beautiful soul.  I felt that she had so much to give and wanted to give but was scared to feel again at the chance of losing everything again.   But she does, she picks herself and dusts herself off and finds happiness again.  She finds her second chance at love and holds on tight to it.
She doesn’t have to worry that her broken pearl necklaces won’t bring her magic anymore because she’s the magic. – Connected by Kim Karr
But what happens when her past catches up to her?  What happens when the lies from her life before River creep back into her life?  Can River and Dahlia come out on the other side stronger than ever?  Or will her second chance at a happily ever after and his once in a lifetime love be torn apart?  Are their 2 souls connected so strongly that nothing will break it or will the truth from the past break their connection forever?

This is Kim Karr’s debut novel and if I could give it 100 stars I would but since we are working on a 1-5 star rating I will go out on a limb and give it a 6 (I know, I know what you are saying – “wait, that is more than 5” and I say, “why yes you are right and that’s because this story deserves more than 5 stars – so I am making my own rules her – GO WITH IT)  To wrap this up – I was blown away by this beautiful story.  I thought I knew what was going to happen and boy was I wrong.  Did I know they would both find love – yes I did, but there was a part where I felt a hand reach through my phone and slap me across my face while my jaw fell to the floor and stayed there until I finished it.  Once I was done with the story I was still shocked and instantly went to Facebook (God thank you for Facebook) and sent Kim Karr a message screaming ”NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I need more, I want more” and I actually told her that if I ask for hints about Torn to tell me to shut up and wait for it. I cannot WAIT until fall of 2013 to read Torn (Book 2) (I know the name scares me too but I HAVE to read it).  I am defiantly a huge fan of Kim Karr and I will read whatever story she puts out there for us to read.  She has a way with words and storytelling that pulls you in and gives you just a little bit and has you thinking you know what is going to happen and then BOOM – nope that doesn’t happen.  My head was spinning, my heart was racing, and I loved every second of it.  This is a beautiful story by an amazing Author – someone that I will remember forever.  I will forever remember the story of River and Dahlia and how one short run in CONNECTED them forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment