Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Author Spotlight Stacy Borel

Author Spotlight 

Stacy Borel

This month I am spotlighting author, Stacy Borel.  She is an Indie Author, born in California.  She was a Military brat, so she didn't live anywhere longer than 5 years.  She currently resides in Texas.  


Stacy is the author of the book EVER ENOUGH.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book!!  The story line and the characters have such depth to them you swear it could be real!  I fell in love with this story from the first chapter.  I don't think I have ever finished a book so fast in my life!  I don't think I was able to put it down long enough to even get up and get a glass of tea!  It is definitely a book you wont be able to put down!!  


Synopsis:

What happens when the man you thought was the one, ends up being the one that got away?


When Finley breaks her heart on graduation night, eighteen year old Emilyn is left alone to pick up the pieces of her life. After muddling through the next ten years-including immersing herself in a lifeless marriage-she is brought to her knees when she encounters Finley at her high school reunion. Long ago buried emotions and feelings bubble to the surface and when Finley kisses her, Emilyn flees the scene. Arriving home to find her husband in the arms of another woman, Emilyn is forced to return to her hometown and start again. But is it possible to start afresh when the past just won’t seem to let you go?

Finley has spent the ten years since high school focused on his career. As a songwriter, he has never had a problem getting women. But when he realizes that the woman he let go a decade ago could be his happy ever after, he decides to do whatever it takes to get her back. But are some hurdles too great to overcome?






EVER ENOUGH received a 4.4 star rating according to Amazon.com. It also made the TOP 100 on Amazon.com as well.  

I was lucky to do an interview with Stacy, so I would like to share that with you all!  


What inspired you to write your novel/series?

It was a combination of me reading 5 books a week, and then having ideas bouncing around in my head and needing to be put on paper. I’ve always had an active imagination so this is a great outlet.

Is being an author your full time job, or do you write part-time?
        
This is my full-time job, unless you count being a chauffeur, gourmet cook, super mom, maid, and awesomesauce wife.

Married?  Children?  Is your family a big influence on your writing?
         
I am married. My husband and I just celebrated our 10yr anniversary in July. We have 2 children, a girl and a boy and I also have 2 dogs. My family will always influence my writing. It’s important to me that my kids see that if you have a dream and a goal, you should do everything to achieve them. If they see me wanting more in life, they will want more.


Dates your book(s) released?

 May 6th, 2013 Ever Enough was released and made it into the Amazon 100.
 September 17th, 2013 Always Enough will be released.
 December 2013 (exact date TBA) Touching Scars will be released.

Are your Characters inspired by anyone you know personally, or just creative genius?   

For all the characters I’ve written thus far, it has been a combination of both. I tend to make each one represent someone I’ve known in real life but I throw in a bit of imagination as well.

Do you have any books currently in the making? 

I do. I’m writing Touching Scars at the moment and this is a book I’m very excited about.

What is your favorite thing about writing?

I love that I get to create a world that I would want to live in. I make up people and an alternative life that I find intriguing and I feel like I am in their heads vs. them being in mine. All of my characters ‘talk’ to me, and I feel like they tell me what to write and what they are doing. That’s not strange is it? Haha!

What do you do in your “free time”?

I can tell you I’m almost always on Facebook, or I’m reading. Unless of course the kids are dragging my attention elsewhere or the husband is demanding my attention.

What is your favorite genre to read?

 New Adult/Contemporary Romance.

Do you have anything you would like to say to the readers?

         I just want to thank everyone that has supported me and helped push me to make my writing so much more. My readers have been more than I ever expected and I adore each and every one of them. I not only write for myself, but I write for them, to give them the story that I think they deserve to hear. 





I cannot tell you all how amazing this woman is!  I haven't had the privilege of meeting her face to face,(hopefully some day, Stacy) I consider her a great friend!   She is incredibly sweet, generous, fun, kinda, caring and helpful!!  She is never afraid to lend any fellow newbie authors a hand. I know this from experience since she has been very helpful to my daughter who is just starting out in the Indie world herself.  She is a person everyone should get to know, and EVER ENOUGH is a book EVERYONE should read!!  So hurry up, If you haven't read it yet, DO IT NOW!!!  Stay tuned for updates on Stacy's upcoming releases for ALWAYS ENOUGH (September 17) and TOUCHING SCARS (December). 


Links for EVER ENOUGH:






No comments:

Post a Comment